Database Migration Tool
This experimental tool is for copying a database from one server to another.
An empty database must exist on the new server beforehand. You must create it in Modwest OnSite, then follow the steps below. br>
NOTE: Make sure not to delete your original database from db.modwest.com until the new database is working.
- Fill in all the boxes below, and click submit.
- Large databases may take several minutes to copy.
- You will have a chance to download a copy of your database.
- After copying the database, you will still need to
update your web application's configuration file
to connect to the new database.
- Drop (remove) the old database in Modwest OnSite when you are confident the site is working with the new database.
This experimental tool was created by Modwest and is intended as a convenience for
Modwest Grid hosting customers.